In contrast to the gigantic measurements of
St. Mary’s the chapel located on the south side of
the West tower appears minuscule and
is often overlooked.
Yet, this red brick building with its eight
sides and pavilion roof is a beautifully
proportioned little chapel.
It was built in 1416 as an expiatory chapel and
it represents an important part of Stralsund’s history
as a burial chapel. Today it hosts an exhibition of the
Baltic Organ Centre (BOC) and can be visited during
the summer months.